Re: [Debconf-team] BSP in Le Camp

Hi Michele

Taking this mail off list because in the end it's up to you to decide
how you want to proceed.

Michele Cane <michele.cane@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Gaudenz,
>
> On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 16:00 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Michele Cane <michele.cane@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I just spoke with Le Camp for the BSP on October 27.
>> >
>> > We can have the Passerelle building (minimum 650 CHF)
>> >
>> > Two problems:
>> >
>> > - There is no kitchen available so we will have to buy kooked food
>> > (Pizzas or whatever) or eat sandwiches.
>> >
>> > - There is no common room so people will have to work in groups of 4-5
>> > in each room (they might find a free common room in an another building
>> > but not sure yet).
>> >
>> > Please if is not ok for you to rent it at this conditions let me know
>> > ASAP because I have to give the confirmation on Monday 24.
>>
>> I'm a bit unsure. I think the price, the fact that there is no kitchen
>> and that there is no common room are all a bit unfortunate. If possible
>> I would like to rent a cheaper building with kitchen and common room at
>> another date. IMHO also later this year, November or start of December
>> would be fine. But if it get's too complicated I'm also fine with this
>> arrangement.
>
> If someone is willing to take over with the organization of the BSP for
> me is ok tho move it to a later date even if I think that people from
> debconf-team should see the venue ASAP.

In this case I'm fine with the date. That's what I wanted to express
with "if it get's to complicated", that in the end it's up to you to
decide.

> Concerning price: The more we wait the colder the weather will be and
> not all the building are heated. For the same date (October 27) Mr.
> Pianaro proposed another building without heating but I refused because
> it will probably be too cold.

The only think that I would like to avoid that in the end you are
responsible for the whole amount. So at least in your place I would
first get a backing from either debian.ch or DebConf for this. As a
member of the board of debian.ch I would be happy to approve a some
amount as garantuee to make good a deficit (Defizitgarantie in german).
But I can't decide this alone and I don't know what the other members of
the board think about this. I think you should first send a mail that
you would like to have X CHF approved for a BSP. I think we can then
decide on this very quickly (I hope within 1-2 days). I think doing this
via debian.ch is easier and also more appropriate as it's a mainly a BSP
and not a DebConf event. The other possibility is that you can convince
someone else to sponsor the event (Uni Neuchatel via Marc Schäfer?).

Sorry about this bueraucracy, but I can't change that.

Best,
Gaudenz

P.S.: I'm a bit worried about the recent news regarding the contract for
DebConf with Le Camp. It seems that all my initial hopes that we will be
able to reduce the price somewhat were wrong. We really need a plan
about how to get all that money or we need to investigate alternatives
now (but I don't know a good one yet).

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.