Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party

Hi there!

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:59:05 +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le mercredi, 15 août 2012 21.14:42, Luca Capello a écrit :
>> > Do we go on with this? Are there blockers ? Would it be okay to e.g. ask
>> > the DPL to pay for the accomodation and have food+travel for attendees ?
>> > More ? Less ?
>>
>> I have not understood for what you want to ask money: accommodation only
>> or full sponsor?
>
> It depends on how much money might be available. Or if we can have sponsors
> for it, the internet connection or the food, etc. I don't have particular
> wills and I'm personally OKay with paying for my travel and food.

I think we should simply evaluate an overall costs, dividing it into
"sections" like everyone-sponsored, non-Swiss-sponsored, etc.; then we
propose such table to the DPL.

ATM we have 900.00 CHF for the location for 2 days (450.00 CHF * 2) plus
600.00 CHF for 2 meals for 30 persons (10.00 CHF * 2 * 30), i.e. 1'500
CHF without travel.  This is clearly a maximum price, but at least we
have the higher limit...

>>                    Nevertheless, we should go forward as any other BSP:
>> call for attendees (with no promise about reimbursement without
>> confirmation from the DPL) and then based on the number of attendees we
>> decide if the BSP will stand or not.
>
> Fine enough for me. Given the minimum price of the accomodation, 15 attendees
> (30 CHF/night) would be a bare minimum (and 30 a maximum). I don't know if
> that's reasonable to reach.

I find it reasonable because...

>> Please note that we should also take the opportunity to have some
>> DebConf organizers at 'Le Camp' (IMHO this is even more important than
>> the BSP itself), which means that we should check with debconf-team@ the
>> best dates for most of them.
>
> Of course.

...this BSP should be a mix of real BSP and DebConf(13) sprint (beside
the venue, we could work on website, sponsors, etc...), thus I do not
think that 15 persons will be difficult to reach.

> Do we go on with that plan? Marc: does that continue to motivate
> you?

IMHO it is clear that I am in favor ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca