Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party

Hi there!

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:16:41 +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le mardi, 14 août 2012 23.14:45, Michele Cane a écrit :
>> Today Le Camp's manager gave me 2 dates option:
>>
>> - 13-14 october
>> 2 possible buildings
>> 	- http://www.lecamp.ch/communs/batiments.php?id=6&lang=
>> 		up to 32 people, minimum price 650 chf per day (up to 20
>> 		people if more 30 chf per day per person)
>> 	- http://www.lecamp.ch/communs/batiments.php?id=4&lang=
>> 		up to 30 people, minimum price 450 chf per day (up to 20
>> 		people if more 21 chf per day per person)
>>
>> - 27-28 october
>> 1 possible building
>> 	- http://www.lecamp.ch/communs/batiments.php?id=6&lang=
>> 		up to 32 people, minimum price 650 chf per day (up to 20
>> 		people if more 30 chf per day per person)
>>
>> For comfort reasons I would go for the "passerelle" building. The oder
>> one is a big dorm room.
>
> Bah. I wouldn't really care about comfort for a one-night BSP. But
> "passerelle" is also cheaper, surprisingly. So 13-14 oct, in "Passerelle"
> would cost 450 for 20 people. That would already be a quite big BSP!

Is not the other way around, i.e. "Passerelle" (id=6) is 650CHF while
"Maison 6" (id=4) is 450CHF.

> These prices wouldn't include meals, right?

IIRC no meals included.

> Do we go on with this? Are there blockers ? Would it be okay to e.g. ask the
> DPL to pay for the accomodation and have food+travel for attendees ? More ?
> Less ?

I have not understood for what you want to ask money: accommodation only
or full sponsor?.  Nevertheless, we should go forward as any other BSP:
call for attendees (with no promise about reimbursement without
confirmation from the DPL) and then based on the number of attendees we
decide if the BSP will stand or not.

Please note that we should also take the opportunity to have some
DebConf organizers at 'Le Camp' (IMHO this is even more important than
the BSP itself), which means that we should check with debconf-team@ the
best dates for most of them.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca