Re: [Debconf13-ch] Proposal for the bid email

Hi,
Here's the bidmail with my changes:

Hi there!

This email is a formal bid to organize DebConf13 in Vaumarcus,
Switzerland.  You can find all the relevant information on the
appropriate wiki page:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid>

Since the presentation at DebConf11 we regularly met to discuss the
feasibility of the project.  Not a single person was the only
responsible from the beginning to the end of the process.  On the
contrary, we feel we've succeeded quite well in working as a group.

We ended up choosing Vaumarcus, a small village overlooking the
beautiful lake of Neuchatel, because of its natural position which
fully
represents what Switzerland is known for: lakes and mountains.  This
will leave attendees plenty of choice for extra activities. The day
trip
(although not yet planned) will focus on opportunities to
discover these surrounding environments.  The venue will offer all the
necessary
comforts, grouped in a confined space.  We have already discussed with
the owners, on how to overcome possible problems, especially related
to the
number of attendees and the network connectivity.

The backup plans are of two kinds: on one hand Fiesch and Melchtal,
two
options similar to Vaumarcus (camp locations with everything
nearby).  On the other hand two well-known cities, Geneva and Zurich,
for which presentations seem superfluous.

We are well aware, that Switzerland is known for its high cost of
living.
Yet we are confident, that various sponsors will help us organize
DebConf13 at good value for all participants.

cheers,
Kev

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:44:17AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I do not remember what we decided during the last meeting, so feel free
> to discard what is below.

> Hi there!
>
> This email is a formal bid to organize DebConf13 in Vaumarcus,
> Switzerland.  You can find all the relevant information on the
> appropriate wiki page:
>
>   <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid>
>
> Since the presentation at DebConf11 we regularly met to discuss the
> feasibility of the project.  Not a single person was the only
> responsible from the beginning to the end of the process.  On the
> contrary, we succeeded to act as much as possible as a group.
>
> We ended up choosing Vaumarcus, a small village overlooking the
> beautiful lake of Neuchâtel, because of its natural position which fully
> represents what Switzerland is known for: lakes and mountains.  This
> will leave attendees enough choices of extra activities.  The day trip
> (although still not planned) will for sure focus on opportunities to
> discover these surrounding environments.  The venue will offer all the
> comforts grouped in a confined space.  We have already discussed with
> its owners how to overcome possible problems, especially related to the
> number of attendees and the network connectivity.
>
> The backup plans are of two kinds: on one side Fiesch and Melchtal, two
> options very similar to Vaumarcus (camp locations with everything
> nearby).  On the other side two well-known cities, Geneva and Zurich,
> for which presentations are superfluous.
>
> We are well aware that Switzerland is known for its high living costs,
> nevertheless we are confident that various sponsors will help us in
> organizing DebConf13 with the usual Swiss precision.
>
> Maybe the last sentence should be reworked, but you got it ;-)
>
> Thx, bye,
> Gismo / Luca

Kevin Mueller
Neubrückstrasse 55
CH - 3012 Bern
Phone +41 31 301 89 61
Mobile +41 78 614 00 66
mailto:kevin@urbanfields.net
GPG  0xFE224440

Skype: kevinmoilar | Twitter: kevinmoilar