[Debconf13-ch] Debconf13 in Vaumarcus, Switzerland bid

Hi there!

This email is a formal bid to organize DebConf13 in Vaumarcus,
Switzerland.  You can find all the relevant information on the
appropriate wiki page:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid>

Since the presentation at DebConf11 we regularly met to discuss the
feasibility of the project.  Not a single person was the only
responsible from the beginning to the end of the process.  On the
contrary, we feel we have succeeded quite well in working as a group.

We ended up choosing Vaumarcus, a small village overlooking the
beautiful lake of Neuchâtel, because of its natural position which fully
represents what Switzerland is known for: lakes and mountains.  This
will leave attendees plenty of choice for extra activities. The day trip
(although not yet planned) will focus on opportunities to discover these
surrounding environments.  The venue will offer all the necessary
comforts, grouped in a confined space.  We have already discussed with
the owners, on how to overcome possible problems, especially related to
the number of attendees and the network connectivity.

The backup plans are of two kinds: on one hand Fiesch and Melchtal, two
options similar to Vaumarcus (camp locations with everything nearby).
On the other hand two well-known cities, Geneva and Zurich, for which
presentations seem superfluous.

We are well aware, that Switzerland is known for its high cost of
living.  Yet we are confident, that various sponsors will help us
organize DebConf13 at good value for all participants.

On behalf of the team.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca