[Debconf13-ch] DebConf13 bids: Time to start formalizing your bid

Hi all,

<administrativia interest="little">
  I'm sending this message Bcc:'ed to the people "pushing" each of the
  bids. For bids with large teams (Switzerland, UK, Vienna), I am
  mailing only some of the first mentioned. The Greek bid does not
  have a single person listed (but mentions "All members of GreekLUG"
  - We need individuals here!), so if somebody knows who they are,
  please forward this message over.

  Greece — No identifiable person :-P
  Istanbul — Sebastian Tennant
  Latvia — Aigars Mahinovs
  Switzerland — Axel Beckert, Didier Raboud, Gaudenz Steinlin
  United Kingdom — Steve McIntyre, Mark Hymers, Stephen Gran
  Vienna — Gerfried Fuchs, Velimir Iveljic, Vedran Omeragic
  West Lafayette — Michael Schultheiss
</administrativia>

So, according to the DebConf13 timeline¹, by December 2011 bids should
formalize their submission. What does this mean? Very little work to
you, in fact, but very important.

You will note that all of the bids¹ are currently in the "Early plans"
stage. If you have made *significant* advance to present a proper bid,
please add your bid to the currently empty "Bids" section. While you
are at it, polish a bit the information you are providing, providing
all of the insight you have got until now.

We don't need exact, specific prices (but estimates will be much
appreciated) and details. It would plainly be unrealistic to demand
them 18 months in advance. But there is a lot of information you can
provide.

If your bid is _not_ entering the formal phase, please mark your page
as "withdrawn" (i.e. by stating it on the first paragraph).

We don't have specific dates set, but it seems we will be having the
first (possibly only, probably not) formal bid presentation and
comparison meeting during late January or early February.

The following links will be important for you to prepare your formal
bid:

    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/BidProcess
    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/LocationCheckList

Greetings!

¹ http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13

<postscriptum interest="little">
    Some of you will find it odd I'm signing this message with an old
    and expired key. Ignore the signature. I'll be mailing the DebConf
    administrators right away to fix this for me. Sorry for the
    noise.
</postscriptum