Re: Cheese & Wine Party at DebConf 11: Swiss participation

Le mardi, 5 juillet 2011 20.27:31, Axel Beckert a écrit :
> Didier and Luca already mentioned months ago that they plan to bring
> Swiss cheese (not sure about wine) for the Cheese & Wine part at
> DebConf 11[1].

Hi all,

The plan is still alive; at least on my side.

My major issue is that I will not travel from home to DebConf, but from
France.

> Planning for DebConf also includes everything needed for Fondue and
> Raclette. :-) I'll at least bring an electric caquelon and two or
> three one-person candles- (tea lights; Teelichter) powered raclette
> grills. So we at least should be able to offer a decent amount of
> both, Fondue and Raclette. I'd say we try to buy proper bread or
> potatoes locally.

ACK. It's good if you can take the caquelon and cooking stuff.

> But before I buy some cheese for that, I'd like to know what others
> plan to bring to DebConf, especially if they plan to use my camper
> van's fridge as mean for transport. ;-)

I only intend to buy some "solid" cheese (otherwise it wouldn't resist the
one-week pre-vacation before DebConf) but would be happy to participate if
anyone could bring some "standard" fondue mix.

> Luca, Didier: Any idea where and when we could meet for me taking over
> cheese for Banja Luka? :-)

See above: the easiest for me is you buying some standard fondue mix (Migros'
or Coop's are very good already) and I pay. :-)

> BTW: Is there some need that I also have to transport some of the
> wine for the party? Because I'd like to avoid that.

I plan to bring 4 bottles: two whites and two reds. I still have to check if
it's OK for the customs.

> P.S.: Do we have some Swiss flag or even a Debian.ch flag?

I could bring a Walliser flag if needed. :-) But no I have no swiss flag.

> If not I'd suggest we all wear Debian.ch t-shirts for the cheese and wine
> party.

Sure.

See you there !

--