Re: [T-shirts] Call for new Debian.ch T-shirt designs

Hi,

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud schrieb am Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 04:47:25PM +0100:
> As it was discussed during the 2009 AGM, Debian.ch is planning to produce new T-
> shirts, as we are slowly running out of the previous designs [0,1]. Because yes,
> we can, it was decided to seek new designs.

I was so pleased and convinced by my previous design that I thought, I
will never find anything new (and possibly better). But I did. :-)

> Please provide new design proposals for Debian.ch T-shirts.

Four design suggestions are available at:

http://noone.org/debian.ch/debian.ch_T-Shirt_20100125-abe.png
http://noone.org/debian.ch/debian.ch_T-Shirt_20100125-abe.svg

Descriptions:

Top center: Not really Switzerland specific, but I want such a t-shirt
anyway. That's the logo of Debian GNU/kFreeBSD[1] and it seems to be
under a MIT license[2]. (Thanks to Petr Salinger for finding the logo
on the net including a license statement. :-)

  [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD
  [2] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Horned_logo.svg

Top left and top right: The two current designs, just with the horned
swirl instead of the normal swirl.

Bottom center: One of my designs from last time which I still like
somehow.

> There are no constraints about a particular theme, color, etc: you just have to
> know that your design will be submitted to the Debian.ch voting crowd. To avoid
> controversial designs, the president of Debian.ch will have a veto voice over
> all designs.

Meh. That doesn't sound like "apt-get install anarchism"... (SCNR)

> For the design, you can use any software you are legally allowed to
> use.

Used Inkscape, the designs from last year and [2] for it.

> For the submission of your proposal, please send a signed mail to
> community@lists.debian.ch with at least these things:
> a) an SVG version (high quality, will be the source of the eventual
>    print)

See above.

> b) a PNG version, max 600x600 pixels (for easy preview)

Well, it's slightly larger, but each t-shirt design in the above
mentioned PNG is surely below 600x600.

> Of course you can provide action shots, photomontage, argueing, etc.

Ideas behind the debian GNU/kFreeBSD related designs:

Well, red is the color of most BSDs (especially FreeBSD), it's (more
or less) the color of Debian and of course Switzerland. And the two DD
accessible porter machines for kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64 are
running in Switzerland (here at ETH).

And Squeeze will probably the first Debian which optionally comes with
a BSD kernel instead of a Linux kernel. IMHO, now is the right time
for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD t-shirts.

> Shortly after the proposals period closure, the voting procedure will be
> announced. It will probably (because I cannot ensure to do it in time) be done
> using the Condorcet method, with devotee.

Yay! Sounds like Debian. ;-)

> The voting crowd is composed of the Debian.ch members and will be open to
> readers of the community@lists.debian.ch before the beginning of the voting
> period.

Ehm, I didn't get that. Are community@lists.debian.ch members which
are not Debian.ch members, part of the voting crowd or not?

> The winner(s) will get their design printed at a large scale (at least 100) and
> will get 3 Debian.ch T-shirts (of their design or of another) for free.

Hey, cool! :-)

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)