Re: [OT] scanner recommendations

also sprach Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> [2009.02.16.1745 +0100]:
> -> ~A4 size
> -> USB or Ethernet connection (don't know if Ethernet scanners really
>    exist, but this would be nice)
> -> free (as in freedom) drivers, if the driver is in Debian lenny this
>    is a plus, but not a must
> -> reasonable quality
> -> not too expensive

I am reasonably happy with the HP LaserJet 3052 all-in-one, which
I got from PCP.ch when they had it on special for about 350 CHF.
It's a printer and copy machine too, so it may be more than you are
looking for, but it has all your requirements, including Ethernet
(which I use for printing and scanning), full support in etch, and
it comes with an automatic document feed, making it easy to scan or
copy multipage documents.

Unfortunately, PCP.ch does not seem to have that printer anymore,
but you can probably get it somewhere.

It is not the best scanner though. I mean, it does things fine for
me, but the quality is medium, not high.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"wer in einem gewissen alter nicht merkt, daß er hauptsächlich von
 idioten umgeben ist, merkt das aus einem gewissen grund nicht."
                                                        -- kurt götz