Re: Lenny Release Party??

Hi there!

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:01:57 +0100, Didier Raboud wrote:
> Le mardi 3 février 2009 14:10:14 Axel Beckert, vous avez écrit:
>> Didier Raboud schrieb am Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 01:49:45PM +0100:
>> > as we now know a most likely release date for Lenny, what about a
>> > Lenny Release Party somewhere?
>>
>> Sure! :-)
>
> Cool :->>>

Great idea!

> The best is maybe to propose places (bars, chalets, discos) with
> associated budgets and decide with known places under hand.

Some notes:

- some cities like Genève can be more expensive than others

- cities at the borders (like Genève, Zürich or Basel) can also attract
  people outside Switzerland, which is not so bad

- someone will probably want to sleep/stay in the city after the party,
  thus having relatively cheap accodomations is a bonus point

That being said, I do not have a strict preference.  Starting from the
next week (I still need to prepare my FOSDEM talk...) I can check the
different forthcoming events for Genève.

>> So if we like to take some risk of partying too early, I would
>> suggest Saturday evening. Else somewhen during the following week or
>> weekend.
>
> what about Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21th in the evening (or
> late afternoon if on 20th)?

I am for sure busy one evening/night on that week-end, but otherwise it
could be fine for me.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca