Re: Debian-ch.org

Le jeudi 5 juin 2008 11:43:54 Adrian von Bidder, vous avez écrit :
> On Thursday 05 June 2008 11.35:30 martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Didier Raboud <didier@raboud.com> [2008.06.05.1101 +0200]:
> > > * Is the fact that debian-ch.org is free known to Debian.ch ?
> > > * Are there any intentions of "protecting" the domain name by
> > > acquiring it (if it has any sense) ?
> >
> > No and no.
>
> dito
>
> > I don't see enough value in spending money on this, but if you
> > wanted to get the domain in the name of debian.ch, please do.
>
> With my debian.ch chair hat on, and seeing that Martin already has
> spoken ...
>
> Please register on behalf of debian.ch if money is not involved and send
> email registration details to me or Martin privately.  Set up
> zbasel.fortytwo.ch and b.ns.madduck.net as DNS servers, we'll add this to
> the configuration.
>
> BEFORE YOU DO THAT: is it really free?  Or free as in "free if you buy DNS
> hosting or do other stuff with us" or "free for a 6 months trial period"?
> Who is offering this deal?

Hi,

I meant "free" as in "free speech" ... :) My translation skills fooled me, I
meant "available". So I think the costs are the same as for any *.org
registered domain name.

Anyway, I have no particular intention to buy debian-ch.org, I was just
wondering...

Best regards,

OdyX
--
Didier Raboud
1802 Corseaux

--
* Pensez à la planète : n'imprimez ce courriel que si strictement nécessaire !
* Ce courriel est signé numériquement par OpenPGP.