Re: Perl 5.32 transition underway

On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 10:10:32PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 11/8/20 9:57 PM, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > Right, it looks like the issue described at #931641 has returned.
> > This was apparently[1] fixed in qemu-user but I don't know any more
> > details about the fix (or indeed the deployment status of the buildds)
> > to check how it regressed.
>
> It must be a slightly different issue and most likely this bug #970460 [1].
>
> A heads-up to us porters would have been nice prior the upload, now I'm
> very much in a hurry to get perl_5.32 to be built not to fall back in the
> transition *sigh*.

Hi, I'm sorry about that. I don't think either of us noticed the
failure in the experimental upload in September. It's easy to miss
failures of non-release architectures, given how often transient issues
arise. If I understand that bug correctly, there's a workaround that
you would be able to apply on the buildds - is that correct?

I filed #974004 to track this on the perl side.

Thanks
Dominic