Re: Perl 5.32 transition underway

On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 08:58:10PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello Dominic!
>
> On 11/8/20 7:00 PM, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > I have uploaded Perl 5.32 to Debian unstable, starting a 600+ package
> > transition. Wide uninstallability is to be expected in sid for the next
> > few days until the necessary rebuilds have been completed.
>
> There seem to be build issues on QEMU again as the build fails on m68k and
> sh4. I also noticed that the build fails with many parallel jobs (building
> with 64 jobs in my case).

Right, it looks like the issue described at #931641 has returned.
This was apparently[1] fixed in qemu-user but I don't know any more
details about the fix (or indeed the deployment status of the buildds)
to check how it regressed.

CCing the porter lists for any additional insights.

Dominic

[1] <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=931641#47>