Re: empty ${shlibs:Depends} causing problems

Hi Adrian,

On 30.10.2016 14:03, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 10/30/2016 09:19 PM, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
>> Something very strange is going on in the sh4 port:
>> For some reason some binary packages don't have any dependencies,
>> e.g. libcups2 2.2.0-2. The build log [1] says:
>> "dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package libcups2: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}"
>
> Yes, this is a known issue which luckily has already been resolved.

That's good news. :)

>> I have no idea why this happened, but it caused qtbase-opensource-src
>> to FTBFS [2], because cups wasn't detected.
>
> This was most likely triggered by this regression [1] in glibc which has
> already been fixed upstream and the current 2.24-5 Debian package includes
> the fix as well.
>
>> Since libcups2 2.2.1-1 has the correct dependencies again, please give
>> back qtbase-opensource-src.
>
> Yes, I will do that right now.

Thanks.

> I wanted to do that earlier, but I forgot
> when I went on vacation where I'm traveling a lot (still traveling).

I hope you're enjoying your vacation.

>> The other package I found lacking dependencies is libsndfile1 1.0.27-1,
>> where the build log [3] has a similar warning:
>> "dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package libsndfile1: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}"
>>
>> However, rebuilding that version locally produces a package with correct
>> dependencies. So please binNMU libsndfile1 on sh4.
>
> Yes, because glibc is fixed now :). Will do an binNMU.
>
>> There might be more cases, but I'm currently not aware of any others.
>
> Let me know if you find others.

I guess anything built between the upload of the broken glibc and the fixed
one needs to be rebuilt.
Looking at the Build-Attempted section of the sh4 buildd, almost all seem
to be caused by this problem and should be given back, e.g.:
 * liblouisxml (glib2.0, already fixed)
 * sqlsmith (after postgresql-9.6 is rebuilt)
 * usbprog (after libgtk2.0-0 is rebuilt)
 * pdftk (after libgtk2.0-0 is rebuilt)

> PS: I have acquired three additional hardware SH4 buildds while in Japan.
>     Once I'm back in Germany, these will be set up as well.

Cool.

Best regards,
Andreas