empty ${shlibs:Depends} causing problems

Hi,

Something very strange is going on in the sh4 port:
For some reason some binary packages don't have any dependencies,
e.g. libcups2 2.2.0-2. The build log [1] says:
"dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package libcups2: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}"

I have no idea why this happened, but it caused qtbase-opensource-src
to FTBFS [2], because cups wasn't detected.

Since libcups2 2.2.1-1 has the correct dependencies again, please give
back qtbase-opensource-src.

The other package I found lacking dependencies is libsndfile1 1.0.27-1,
where the build log [3] has a similar warning:
"dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package libsndfile1: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}"

However, rebuilding that version locally produces a package with correct
dependencies. So please binNMU libsndfile1 on sh4.

There might be more cases, but I'm currently not aware of any others.

Best regards,
Andreas

1: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=cups&arch=sh4&ver=2.2.0-2&stamp=1474553032
2: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=qtbase-opensource-src&arch=sh4&ver=5.6.1%2Bdfsg-3%2Bb1&stamp=1477459928