Re: sysroot not supported in gcc-sh4-cross package

Hi,

2010/4/19 Jordan Pan <pan.jordan@gmail.com>:

> Dear sir,
>
> I collect the web information and write down the memo to cross compile the
> SH4 toolchain. But still I can not build for the gcc compiler. Below is my
> memo. Could anybody help me to check what's wrong for gcc build portion.
> Thanks.
> --------------------------
> #Build a cross-compilation toolchain

<snip>

> #Build and install GCC
> #Now that you have all the necessary prerequisites, you can build a
> cross-compiling GCC.
> cd gcc-VERSION
> gzip -cd gcc-XXX-diff.gz | patch -p0
> GCC_TARGET=sh4-linux-gnu BUILD_SYSROOT=/usr fakeroot debian/rules binary
> cd ..
> sudo dpkg -i *-VERSION-sh4-linux-gnu*.deb *-sh4-cross_VERSION*.deb
> ------------------------------
>
> ERROR logs
> ================
> $ GCC_TARGET=sh4-linux-gnu BUILD_SYSROOT=/usr fakeroot debian/rules binary
> mkdir -p stamps
> /usr/bin/make -f debian/rules.conf control
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jordan
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28287684/crosstool.txt crosstool.txt
> /src/cross-toolchain/gcc-4.4-4.4.3'
> debian/rules.conf:160: *** Recursive variable `LIBC_DEP' references itself
> (eventually).  Stop.
> ================

you forgot command fowllowing

GCC_TARGET=sh4 DEB_CROSS=yes fakeroot debian/rules control

Maybe ...

cd gcc-4.4-*
GCC_TARGET=sh4 DEB_CROSS=yes fakeroot debian/rules control
DEB_CROSS_NO_BIARCH=yes GCC_TARGET=sh4 DEB_CROSS=yes
BUILD_SYSROOT=/usr dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

--
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu