sysroot not supported in gcc-sh4-cross package

Dear sir,
   I am trying to build the rootfs by the gcc-sh4-cross
(http://debian-sh4.nigauri.org/cross-compiler/) package. But unfortunately,
the cross compiler doesn't support the --sysroot option. Does anybody know
how to work around this issue? Or if I should do the cross compiler by
myself, please share the build procedure for reference (I have try to use
reference guidance from http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crossdev.html and
http://wiki.debian.org/SH4/CrossToolchain, but it doesn't work for me) .