Re: Debian openssh repository migrated to git

For the record, upgrading to a new upstream now looks something like
this:

  # assuming you have "origin" set up as
  # git://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git
  git remote update origin
  # if you don't know your "upstream" branch is up to date:
  git-dpm prepare
  # fetch new .orig.tar.gz to parent directory, e.g. with the aid of
  # "uscan --verbose --download", then:
  git-dpm import-new-upstream -p V_6_5_P1 --ptc ../openssh_6.5p1.orig.tar.gz
  git-dpm rebase-patched
  # resolve any conflicts and "git rebase --continue" until done, then:
  git-dpm update-patches
  editor debian/changelog
  # make it look right, then:
  git add -u
  git commit --amend

Test-build before you push this anywhere.  If it fails, you can use this
to amend the merge commit (git-dpm creates enough commits when editing
the patch stack that I like to try to avoid further noise):

  git-dpm checkout-patched
  git rebase -i upstream
  # do the usual rebase stuff, then:
  git-dpm update-patches --amend

This is all derivable from a working knowledge of git plus the git-dpm
documentation, so I haven't bothered with a rewritten
debian/README.source, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case somebody
finds it helpful.