Re: ssh-nonfree in woody

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:24:24PM -0400, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> > Woody sucks because it still contains "real" ssh-nonfree packages.
>
> Sorry, I can't find any reason at all to have "ssh-nonfree" install the
> free OpenSSH on you. That has absolutely *no* logic to me. And people
> who're running it have already demonstrated their ability to cope with
> installing a package by hand rather than just doing a dist-upgrade and
> living with the results, so there doesn't seem any need to baby them.

Fair enough.

> So ssh-nonfree will disappear shortly from testing, and IMO should
> disappear entirely. There's really no need for a "transition" here.

OK, thanks; that's still a definite improvement over leaving things as
is.  I'll go ahead and file a bug on non-us.d.o requesting
ssh-nonfree's removal from unstable; I had been holding back only so
that the transitional packages would still be around if needed.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.