Re: Summarising Debian Med sprint online (Was: Third day of online sprint ...)

Hi,

Andreas: thanks for organising this sprint, and thanks a lot
for your nice report.  Much appreciated.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 03:33:42PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Debian Med sprinters and those who are interested in some summary

<snip>

>   * My expectation to see those people who are kind of "regular"
>     sprint attendees was only partly fulfilled.  I'm wondering how
>     we can be more inviting next time.  Sure we were volunteers
>     but the "no time" excuse was used by more people than I
>     naively expected.  I assume this did not happen in past real
>     life meetings after people had booked a flight and reserved
>     a hotel room.  Once you are at a remote location the event
>     becomes priority over other important things and finally
>     "no time" is a synonym for "this event has not made it on top
>     of my priority list".
>     So how can we make the actually way more environment saving
>     sprint format more "important" to behave the same as if the
>     flight would have been booked and this appointment gets higher
>     priority than other things of real life?

Maybe organise a sprint during another big event like fosdem, debconf or
fossasia.  I took preparations to run the virtual debian booth @ fosdem: made
sure i was not at home but at another place with power and internet, informed
family i would be off.  For myself, if I don't prepare like that, I won't be
able to "attend" an event like this.

O, and maybe announce not just @ debian-med and debian-sprints, but also @
debian-science and debian-r.

I wish and work on being able to join next time.

My € 0,02,  Bye,

Joost