From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2023 9:05 AM
To: Brian2 <brian@siberianboxes.com>
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: V210 booted from iso and installed but could not find mirror?

Hi Brian!

On Fri, 2023-03-24 at 03:07 +0000, Brian2 wrote:
> Booting from the iso in the DVD allowed me to install without an issue.

Great.

> However, I was unable to find a mirror to download any packages from.
> I'm only after basic stuff like tcsh, alpine, openssh-server, etc.
>
> What are my next steps now to make this system useful?

Make sure you have these lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list:

# binary default
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unstable main deb http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd/ unstable main deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main

# contrib and non-free arch:all packages (i.e. firmware) deb [arch=all] http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable contrib non-free

# source
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main deb-src http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd/ buildd-unstable main

You can fetch the file from here:

> https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/sources.list

You may have to install the Debian Ports Archive Keyring:

# wget http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool/main/d/debian-ports-archive-keyring/debian-ports-archive-keyring_2023.02.01_all.deb
# dpkg -i debian-ports-archive-keyring_2023.02.01_all.deb

before running:

# apt update

> Thanks Adrian for keeping Debian alive on Sparc.

You're welcome.

> Now to add a second CPU to this box and up the RAM a bit.

Good idea.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz