Re: LibreOffice architecture support (was: Fwd: Plan to remove dead C++ UNO bridge implementations (bridges/source/cpp_uno/*))

Hi,

Am 11.01.23 um 12:41 schrieb Gregor Riepl:
- sparc and sparc64

(which are for many BD-Uninstallable since ages because it does not have Java (anymore), didn't do a long-ago transition, ...)

[...]
Looking at https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libreoffice#problem-17 , it seems like the "BD-Uninstallable" issue has nothing to do with Java.

I haven't said that it is.

Also, the reported libtiff5 issue seems to be sorted out as well: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=tiff&suite=sid

Did I say anything about libtiff? This might just be currently the problem.
I suppose this build will be "Installed" again after a rebuild of the affected packages?

Yes.

But I was more aiming at (and sparc* has the same issue) is

libreoffice build-depends on:
- libkf5config-dev:m68k
libkf5config-dev depends on:
- libkf5configqml5:m68k (= 5.101.0-1)
libkf5configqml5 depends on:
- libqt5qml5:m68k (>= 5.15.2~)
libqt5qml5 depends on missing:
- qtbase-abi-5-15-6:m68k

And that transition happened already. And it was even BD-Uninstallable on Qt before that one.

Indeed. But those transitions have been done already. KDE uninstallable is a bug of those ports.

speak up at upstream or  they will be gone. And without those bridges no architecture support for it.

Can you clarify what the consequence of this will be? Will it mean that LibreOffice will become unbuildable for these architectures?

Yes.

Regards,

Rene