Re: Anyone ever tried Debian on a Fujitsu/Oracle M3000 ?

Hi Dennis!

On 5/16/22 03:58, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> The last update released for 11.3 is called
>>
>>     "Oracle Solaris 11.3 Limited Support Updates (LSRU) 11.3.36.24.0"
>>
>> and can be found on some torrent sites.
>>

> I have 11.3 but need an Oracle contract to get much of anything done.

No, you don't. You download the update - which is 20 GB in size - and you get an
Solaris repository with the latest package versions for Solaris 11.3.

Paying Oracle customers don't get anything more recent either unless you have an
extra LTSS support contract which costs a lot of money.

I have used the 11.3 LRU update on my SPARC T5240 without any issues.

>> For Solaris 11.4, you can just install the CBE version which has full access
>> to update repositories for free.
>
> Does not work on anything previous to a T4.  At all.  Period. Will not
> install and detects unsupported hardware. The Lawnmower strikes again.

I didn't claim otherwise. I just said that Oracle is kind enough to at least
provide Solaris 11.4 to the community for free now with full access to the
update repositories.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz