Re: Mozilla Software on Sparc64/Linux

Hello Rick!

On 11/7/21 22:44, rleir@leirtech.com wrote:
> This thread below claims that Big-Endian is dead (2015). It says that IBM changed
> their PowerPC's from BE to LE. Also that web developers assume LE.

Not sure how your comment is  related to the original question but let me just add this:

- IBM's s390x architecture is fully supported and one of IBM's cash cows and it's big-endian
- IBM's AIX operating system which IBM is still actively developing and selling is big-endian

> Adrian explained the problem in Firefox a while ago, it was complex.

Not really. Firefox on Solaris/SPARC exists and works. It's not complex, it's just that I am
doing the work here alone. I was planning to write an answer to this mail but I haven't gotten
around to doing that.

> The words of Linus:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/4/24/606
>
> Linux Plumbers Congress 2020:
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/829733/

Linus is not the center of the universe.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz