Re: update-grub causes a system lockup

Hi Dennis!

On 1/12/21 5:58 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> I was thinking that the architecture may be the issue. The age I mean.
> So I dragged out a newer Oracle T4 unit to try. I have no idea what will
> happen with the newer unit and have never tried to run the installer via
> the new SP/console serial interface but will give it a try.

There are known issues with older CPUs which are a bug in the kernel.

However, currently I don't know how to reproduce the crash. If you have something
the reproducibly causes the kernel to crash on the old SPARC CPUs that I can use,
it would be very helpful for fixing the problem.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz