Re: update-grub causes a system lockup

On 1/12/21 5:58 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> Either way, it's good to have something which allows to reproduce the bug.
>>

> I was thinking that the architecture may be the issue. The age I mean.
> So I dragged out a newer Oracle T4 unit to try. I have no idea what will
> happen with the newer unit and have never tried to run the installer via
> the new SP/console serial interface but will give it a try.

There are known issues with kernel stability on older SPARC CPUs which have
not been resolved yet.

If you could fine a reliable reproducer to trigger the crash, I can later use
that to bisect the problem to find which particular commit introduced the
regression.

So, if you want to help with the SPARC port, this would be an excellent opportunity.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz