Re: mkfs.ext2 - state D partitioning stops at 33% /boot

On 21.06.20 19:21, Mike Tremaine wrote:
I spent a few hours trying different things on this but no luck.

Hardware: Sun Ultra 5 - 333mhz / 512MB  - Promise 100 PCI card as IDE
interface..

Install Image:2020-05-30/debian-10.0.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso

Boots CDROM and finds disks no problem.

Issue is after the partitioning is done and the installer runs mkfs.ext2
-F /dev/sda1 it hangs and the process goes Defunct. I’ve tried many
different layouts with/without LVM, with/without /home always the same
spot 33% ….

If it's the same issue as with my Ultra 10, you (1) either have to wait
longer or (2) have to remove your floppy disk drive from the controller
before doing an installation. #2 definitely saves some time.

Cheers,
Frank