Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-05-09

On 5/9/19 4:44 PM, Meelis Roos wrote:
Given that it works on a sun4u then I am guessing that a Sunblade 2000
should be perfect for this sort of thing. I know that I have one of
those in the warehouse. However I think they need FCAL disks. Anyways I
will give that a look see and also I hope serial console works out of
the box.

Yes, I should try it on some sun4u too. And probably bare hardware sun4v -
all my sparcs run Linux natively.

About Blade 1x00/2x00 and E280R: they use qla2xxx for root disks and last
I tried this was broken in the kernel. It may be better now but older Symbios and newer MPT etc controllers would probably be a safer try if you have them
available.

My problem is that I have way too much sparc hardware in life and no
real up to date OS to run. Sure Solaris 10 is still around and barely
supported but it is horrific for performance. I was just speaking with
an Oracle salesrep about the new 5GHz T8 and he assures me that Oracle
has Linux running there. Oracle Linux v6 and v7 run there. He says. Well
I see Oracle Linux as just a variation on the RHEL sources.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC