Re: Latest netinst iso

On 08/06/2018 04:52 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 08/06/2018 10:39 PM, Fred wrote:
I don't know how to provide the files Adrian asked for.  I exited the installer to a shell prompt.  I could manually configure the network and use ftp but ftp
and ifupdown are not there and I don't know how to use what is there to configure it.  The U10 has a USB pci board and the usb-list command shows a usb stick
plugged in but I don't know how to get it functional.
Easiest way would be to hook up a serial console and use this for installation
instead of a video framebuffer. You can switch to a second console to get
a bash prompt when installing over serial console by hitting "Ctrl-A-p".

When using debian-installer over serial console, it automatically starts
a GNU screen session to provide multiple consoles over a single serial line.

For a command reference for GNU screen, see [1].

Adrian

[1] http://aperiodic.net/screen/quick_reference
Hi Adrian,
I don't see how using a serial console helps in transferring the files you asked for. I have a dumb terminal that could use the serial port but the other computers on the network are far away and I would have to change both ends of the long cable to use it and change them back when done. So, lets forget this.

Out of frustration I changed the cdrom drive and the installation proceeded with only one problem. The network has to be configured manually but either the installer didn't provide this option or I missed it. So as soon as I get the network going I will put the HP DVD drive back in, reboot and send you the files you want. Should I paste the text into this thread, send them as attachments to the list or send them off-list to you?

Best regards,
Fred