Re: Latest netinst iso

On 08/06/2018 11:20 AM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
On 08/06/2018 05:01 PM, Fred wrote:
On 08/06/2018 02:18 AM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
Dear Gregor,
[...]
Cheers,
Frank

Hi,
I am the original poster for this thread.

Yes I know, but up to the point, where I asked Gregor to provide more details about the problems he experienced, you didn't report a problem at all. Or am I missing something?

I tried installing the NETINST.iso and also had a problem. The U10 has an HP DVD drive in it. The install CD seemed to load ok and the installer started. When it got to the detecting hardware function it decided that no cdrom drive was installed and would not proceed. I am going to install the original Sun cdrom drive and try again when I have time.

In addition to the information Adrian asked for, it could be interesting to know, to which IDE channel your CDROM drive is attached and how it is configured (Master, Slave, Cable select).

The CDROM drive in my Ultra 10 is attached to IDE channel #2 (the IDE port farer away from the CPU) and configured as Master device.

And I just now tested with the ISO in question (from 20180516-18:22) and didn't recognize an issue. Sure, hardware detection takes long on the Ultra 10, but it eventually succeeds and the CDROM drive is correctly detected.

Cheers,
Frank

Hi Frank,
The MB has only three connectors: floppy, IDE HD and IDE cdrom. I changed the DVD drive jumper from cable select to master but the installer still could not find it. Whatever loaded the installer program didn't have any problem using the drive.

I don't know how to provide the files Adrian asked for. I exited the installer to a shell prompt. I could manually configure the network and use ftp but ftp and ifupdown are not there and I don't know how to use what is there to configure it. The U10 has a USB pci board and the usb-list command shows a usb stick plugged in but I don't know how to get it functional. The list-devices usb-partition reports /dev/sdb1. The mountmedia command reports several repetitions of:
mount: mounting /dev/sdb1 on /media failed: Invalid argument
umount: can't unmount /media: Invalid argument

The only other thing I can think of is to send the files out the serial port and capture them on another computer. I am drowning in other things to do right now but if there are no easier suggestions I will do it.

Best regards,
Fred