Re: Where can I find the ldm command

Hi Stefan!

On 10/31/18 2:45 PM, Stefan Johansson wrote:
> I have just managed to install Debian sparc64 on my t5120.
> Where can I find the ldm command to manage ldoms?
> I installed from the debian-9.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso and I have
> gotten apt-get to work.

LDOM hypervisor support is currently not available in Debian. It is
available in Oracle's "Oracle Linux for SPARC" though. It is also
available in OpenBSD as far as I know.

I am planning to add the LDOM tools to Debian. However, before we can
do that, we need to patch the Debian kernel to add LDOM hypervisor
support.

I have actually asked on the SPARC LKML what the current status of the
upstreaming efforts are and got the reply that there is still some work
to do [1]. With Oracle's recent strategy changes regarding SPARC, I don't
know whether this will still happen.

Either way, the ldom userland source packages are available but somewhat hidden:

> http://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/latest/source/getPackageSource/ldoms-1.0.0-1595.el6.src.rpm
> http://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/latest/source/getPackageSource/ldoms-2.0.0-1675.el6.src.rpm
> http://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/latest/source/getPackageSource/ldomsmanager-3.5.0.0-26.2373.1.el6.src.rpm

Binaries here: