Re: sparc64 most important tasks

On 08/09/2018 07:18 PM, Gregor Riepl wrote:
>> qtwebsockets-opensource-src: FTBFS on sparc64 and x32: tst_qmlwebsockets segfault at startup
>>
>>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=879970
>
> I think this one is reported upstream and you already found a workaround for
> it? https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56264
> Unless it's not the same bug as

Yes, it's the same bug.

> It's a pretty serious bug IMHO, because some other big packages (i.e.
> libreoffice) depend on this library:
> libreoffice -> kio -> kbookmarks -> kxmlgui -> ktextwidgets ->
> qtspeech-opensource-src -> qtmultimedia-opensource-src
> And of course, KDE.

I agree. I haven't had the time yet to upstream my patch to Qt yet. There
are a couple of other issues in upstream Qt code that I wanted to fix.

> Not as serious as the grub2 FTBFS though.

It's a binutils bug: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2018-08/msg00138.html

Upstream intentionally removed a.out and coff support. I protested, it didn't help.

> Also, someone should make V4 JIT sparc64 compatible: https://wiki.qt.io/V4
> May or may not be a big task.

So, another Javascript engine in this world which will use the braindead
concept of tagged pointers which assumes a 48-bit virtual address space?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz