Re: NETRA Sparc T4-1 to test with

On 08/08/2018 11:27 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 08/08/2018 05:23 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:

pssst ... there is nothing in the silo.conf of netinst.iso for sun4v and that had me wondering.

Why though? sun4v is fully backwards-compatible ...

Well hey .. everything else under the sun is in there .. except sun4v.

pun intended.

regardless .. how the heck to netboot this thing ?
There have been multiple discussions on this topic on this mailing list.

Basically, you need the d-i images from the tarball here:

http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-sparc64/main/d/debian-installer/

Then set up a TFTP server and let the machine boot the kernel, see:

https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/sparc/ch05s01.html.en

great .. a dance on a Tuesday under a full moon and my mothers birthday.
*sigh*   ;-)

I'll make up a USB thumbdrive and visit the datacenter.

Dennis