Re: Latest netinst iso

On 08/06/2018 10:39 PM, Fred wrote:
> I don't know how to provide the files Adrian asked for.  I exited the installer to a shell prompt.  I could manually configure the network and use ftp but ftp
> and ifupdown are not there and I don't know how to use what is there to configure it.  The U10 has a USB pci board and the usb-list command shows a usb stick
> plugged in but I don't know how to get it functional.

Easiest way would be to hook up a serial console and use this for installation
instead of a video framebuffer. You can switch to a second console to get
a bash prompt when installing over serial console by hitting "Ctrl-A-p".

When using debian-installer over serial console, it automatically starts
a GNU screen session to provide multiple consoles over a single serial line.

For a command reference for GNU screen, see [1].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz