Re: Installed kernel crash on T5120

<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>:
> Some essential packages like glibc will shortly disrupt the functionality
> of debootstrap. It resumes working once the FTP servers are in sync
> again.

What was weird is that debootstrap kept trying for a -9, while I could
see and download the -10... something must have been cached somewhere
I didn't find.

> I'm sorry, but sometimes things are out of my control. We just need
> more hands.

No proble-m just a warning to other to be careful and always
double-check that kind of stuff before upgrading.
Fortunately, I hadn't upgraded those packages on my ext4 install.

> Did you enable the console on the command line? Try adding "console=ttyS0"
> or whatever the name of the serial console on your SPARC machine is.

That hadn't been needed in ext4, and I had no network so I assumed it
was something else...
But assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups :-) Turns out I had
forgotten to propagate the network config from the ext4 install this
time, and yes I needed the console parameter :-)

I have mutiuser on the ZFS Root install now :-)

Cordially & thanks for your help,

--
Romain Dolbeau