GRUB is now the default bootloader on sparc64

Hi!

I have now disabled SILO support in debian-installer meaning that
it's no longer possible to install the SILO bootloader when installing
Debian on sparc64.

All I did was to exclude the package "silo-installer" from the debian-cd
build image process. Thus, if it should be necessary to restore SILO
support, it's a matter of changing a single line back in debian-cd.

The main reason for this step is that SILO is hardly maintained upstream
anymore and also doesn't have support for 64-bit systems, although it
will usually run fine on most 64-bit systems. But it also lacks many
features GRUB has, including support for modern filesystems and GPT.

GRUB is fully supported on sparc64 and, from the various feedback we got
on the mailing list, should be compatible with even the oldest UltraSPARC
machines. So it will work on any machine that run Debian's sparc64 port.

The installer components "grub-installer" and "partman-auto" have been
modified to support installation on both older machines which support
Sun disk labels only as well as newer machines which also support GPT
labels (T4 or newer).

It currently does not support any 32-bit SPARC machines, i.e. anything
before UltraSPARC (sun4u). But since Debian hasn't had any support for
those machines since Debian Lenny [1], I don't think this poses a problem
at the moment. *

As always, please report any issues you may have to the mailing list.

Thanks to everyone involved to getting GRUB working on sparc64!

Adrian

* Although we are potentially able to bring back sparc32 support in the
  future as kernel support has allegedly improved for these machines but
  this is a different topic.

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz