Re: dumb question du jour : installer images or netbootable files?

On 05/11/2018 10:47 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>     I managed to get an older Netra type system in a rack and hooked up
> serial to the console and the usual process. At this point I am curious
> about where the very latest network bootable install media may be?

They are inside the debian-installer-images tarball that can be found here:

> http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-sparc64/main/d/debian-installer/

These tarballs are generated when you build the package "debian-installer"
which you can just do yourself - like any other package.

Please note that the netboot images above are built against an older kernel,
so installation will fail with the installer being unable to find the kernel
module packages. This is again an issue caused by Debian Ports' use of mini-DAK.

The images I created contain d-i packages that were built manually. But again,
you can just build fresh images yourself, just build the debian-installer
package. You just need to edit build/config/common and adjust the kernel
ABI version [1].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz