Re: Ultra5 successful install - PGX64 issues

Hi Philip!

On 04/14/2018 09:00 AM, Phillip Stevens wrote:
So as a next step, I'm going to try to get aSparkle GeForce 9500 GT 512MB PCI video card working.

Sounds reasonable. Keep in mind that the nouveau driver *might* have
issues on your big-endian machine. So, in case the nVidia card doesn't
work, you might have more luck with a Radeon device as lots of PowerPC
users are running Radeon cards on Linux.

Really happy that my old Ultra5 machine still has some relevance.

Glad to hear that most of the stuff works.

Btw, would you be willing to test GRUB on your Ultra 5? You should
be able to install it with "apt install grub2" and it should set up
everything automatically.

We are in the process of phasing out SILO, so we need to test GRUB
on as many SPARCs as possible to see whether there aren't any
compatibility issues.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz