Re: debian-9.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso (rel 2018-02-16T23:09:00) Networking issues on Blade 150

Hello Frank,

Thanks for looking into this.

* What installation mode did you use?
The "normal mode", similar to yours.

* I always assumed that MAC addresses from the 08:00:20 block were
only used with "older" Sun machines.
They might, my blade has 8:0:20:c8:f4:a7, but historically had
00:03:ba:dc:0c:57; I had to change the nvram chip when its battery ran
out, it's quite possible that the new one changed my blade's mac
address, I would be surprised if this caused the issue, but it's not
impossible.

* Is there a chance that your local DHCP setup is not working properly?
I highly doubt it, as it works well for another operating system on
this blade, although after the dhcp client failure from the installer,
I chose the option to setup the ip address manually, but it was unable
to succeed doing so.

Do you think the nvram swap caused this issue, and should I reprogram
the chip to its former mac address?
Jerome