Re: qlogic fibrechannel

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Rick Leir <rleir@leirtech.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> I am still hoping to get my Sun 2000 (vintage 2002) running with Debian. The
> problem was the Qlogic fibrechannel disk driver, so perhaps I can add in a
> different disk controller temporarily. What economical solution would you
> recommend? Perhaps a USB disk?

solaris 10 and solaris 11 lists sun blade 2000 as supported system, so
you can choose disk controller for your disks
using solaris 10 / solaris 11 HCL [1] query page for "disk controller"
[2] , and try to find out does your choosen controller would be
supported by linux kernel 4.12 (latest debian unstable / sid kernel),
should be quite cheap on "IT flea market" or on ebay...

1. http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/hcl/data/sol/index.html
2. http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/hcl/data/sol/components/views/disk_controller_all_results.page1.html