RE: How to recover from blank screen on sparc64

I hope this will be useful but it might be a tangent. Gnome has given me black screen on startup on two different systems in the past month. Is your installation using the gnome greeter? In the first system I tracked the problem back to gtk trying to contact the greeter via dbus when there was no greeter or it was not responding. The second system is still black screen, and I am still troubleshooting. Relevant error messages appear in the 'messages' file, not the X log. And at the risk of sounding growly, the gtk messages were sparse and cryptic. Do you see a pointer on black, or nothing at all? Cheers -- Rick