Re: Best debian 9 repo for sparc64 packages

Modified my sources to file to reflect "https://deb.debian.org/debian-ports"; then ran apt-get update. Doing so caused Vim to install properly.  Have not added snapshot.debian.org to my sources because I am unsure of the correct path to use?

At this point:

A) firefox still doesn't install.

"apt-get install firefox
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 firefox : Depends: libevent-2.0-5 (>= 2.0.10-stable) but it is not installable
           Depends: libhunspell-1.4-0 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

B) Iceweasel doesn't install

# apt-get install iceweasel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 iceweasel : Depends: firefox-esr but it is not installable

C) Clicking the web browser (bottom left of screen) within lxde desktop generates the following error popup.

"Invalid desktop entry file: '/usr/share/applications/lxde-x-www-browser.desktop'"

Regards,

Tony