Re: Test atomic operations on SPARC 32-bit

On 12/09/2017 12:21 AM, Petr Vorel wrote:
>> I'm asking because atomic operations were only added with SPARCv8+ and later.
> SPARCv8 would be enough as SPARCv7 is dead. So still no hw support.

>From what I have heard, SPARCv7 should actually work since people added
kernel helpers to the Linux kernel to emulate the atomics for v7 hardware.

SPARCv8 doesn't have Compare-And-Swap either, SPARCv8+ does which is what
most people run these days when they run 32-Bit-SPARC.

>> In any case, the Gentoo people are still on 32-Bit SPARC. You might ask there
>> first (see #gentoo-sparc on Freenode). Otherwise, we will have to create a
>> 32-Bit chroot for you but that would probably take a bit longer.
> OK, I'll ask them and if not works I'll come back.

They just started working on their SPARC port again.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz