Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mdadm serious does wrong partition changes

Hi Frans,

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 11:19:20AM +0100, Frans van Berckel wrote:
> > Sounds like the sun partition table is not ok after installation -
> > what
> > does "fdisk /dev/sda" tell you ?
>
> ~ # fdisk /dev/sda
>
> Welcome to fdisk (util-linux 2.30.2).
> Changes will remain in memory only, until you decide to write them.
> Be careful before using the write command.
>
> The old ext2 signature will be removed by a write command.
>
> Device does not contain a recognized partition table.
> Created a new partition 1 of type 'Linux native' and of size 136.7 GiB.
> Created a new partition 2 of type 'Linux swap' and of size 47.1 MiB.
> Created a new partition 3 of type 'Whole disk' and of size 136.7 GiB.
> Created a new Sun disklabel.

Ok, so at some point in the sparc64 installation the partition table
get's garbled - maybe Adrian or somebody else can help. Finding the
exact installation step where this happens (use fdisk in the shell)
is probably next to do.

> Within the installer theres no udeb package which contains hexdump. Do
> you know any alternative?

dd the first sectors to an usb stick/nfs mount a server and use
hexdump elsewhere. I'm shure, there are other options.

Greetings
  Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg