Re: No login prompt after booting in LDOM on SPARC Enterprise T5120

On 19 Jul 2017, at 21:11, Gabriel Pérez-Cerezo <gabriel@gpcf.eu> wrote:
> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Are you sure that ttyS0 is the name of your serial device?
>>
>> Check the kernel messages. It might be named differently.
>
> It may be named ttyHV0, but as much as I have tried it with that name,
> it still doesn't work. However, I've been able to boot to shell
> (bypassing init) and there is no /dev/ttyHV0 in the filesystem. I'll see
> if I can try more stuff tomorrow.

There's a difference between the console name and serial device name; ttyHV
just means it's a SUN4V hypervisor console, but it will be given a ttyS[0-9]+
name (for example, the machine I am currently on also has a ttyHV0, but the
device node is /dev/ttyS0).

Regards,
James