Re: How can i boot *anything* on Sun Blade 100?

With IDE/ATA, it is vital that:
- You use the correct cable, 40 or 80 pins
- You place the devices in the right order on the cable. 80 pin cables will usually have color coding.  Usually blue goes on the motherboard.
- Jumper the options correctly on the devices.  Master/slave on 40 pin cables, cable select preferred on 80 pin cables.

For the console ...
You will need to set your output-device and input-device via setenv to switch the console to serial.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, transmail <transmail@freemail.hu> wrote:
Ok, i'll get a serial cable then. But now, the booting up works, it's now the OS-es what do not want to work. I'll get a DVD-R for Solaris and i'll wait for the next Debian image. Maybe this'll solve. As for FreeBSD i have no idea why it does freeze. Does the Blade still sends messages via serial cable after "boot cdrom" ?