Re: Sun Blade 100, problems with DVD drive

Maybe offtopic.

I remember, that there were serious issues with Sun Enterprise E250 and DVD.

1) Images larger than 2 Gb were not supported by firmware/OBP.
2) Images larger than 3.4 or 4 Gb were not supported by Hitachi DVD.
3) Not sure about DVD-RW support.
4) Swapping another DVD unit did not solve problem, because of OBP.

Anyway, booting anything recent Solaris was not possible, so only netboot.
I spent considerable amount of time to install Solaris 10.

Gasha