Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

So I was able to get past the 33% error on the partition by setting the -F flag for mkfs.ext4 in the debian install scripts.

Guidance to the issue was found here https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=767682

Modified /lib/partman/commit.d/50format_ext3

and changed the line

mkfs.$filesystem $device $usage >/dev/null; then

mkfs.$filesystem -F $device $usage >/dev/null; then

Not sure if this is the best way to handle this issue but it did allow me to proceed further in testing the install process on my Sun Blade 2500.

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 9:16 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 01/01/2016 03:13 PM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> - the installer went ahead downloading, but failed to find a kernel for
>   installation. Manually installing it in the target via chroot works.

Can I get the exact error message, preferably from the log files under
/var/log? My suspicion is that debian-installer tries to install the
wrong kernel version and therefore fails.

Apparently, being able to install the proper kernel version is a bit
tricky and according to Helge Deller (CC) is the main reason why he
uses snapshotted debian-ports.org mirrors for the installation.

I have the suspicion that debian-installer looks for a particular
kernel version which was determined at build time.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org