Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

Hi,

and happy new year to all :-)

>I've updated the NETINST image [1] now:
>
>- made some silo improvements for d-i [2]
>- disabled GPG verification for the archive in the code

I've attempted an install on an Ultra-2 today, auto detection of network
hardware and disks failing, but manually selecting the drivers went OK.
With preseeding, I was able to select debian-ports as package source.

Then it didn't went so well.

- partitioning was OK, creating filesystems on the new partitions hangs
  after 33%. Even on this system, where SUN slices are the right partition
  scheme for the boot disks. I was able to create the filesystem from
  an older installation and do the target selection in the new installer
  afterwards. So, the partitions are setup OK.

- the installer went ahead downloading, but failed to find a kernel for
  installation. Manually installing it in the target via chroot works.

That's where I have to stop now, getting hungry :-)

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Imperial State Electric, The Estranged,