Re: request to rebuild my package libcork (FTBFS on landau, but was built OK on andi)

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:35 PM, James Clarke <jrtc27@jrtc27.com> wrote:

> Yes, that looks fine. Have you forwarded it upstream?

The upstream is not active anymore.
Like I submit your patch monthly ago [0], but no reply yet.

[0] https://github.com/redjack/libcork/issues/118

>> Do you think it's a good idea to avoid transition?
>
> If you’re doing that, I would consult other people (IRC is a good source), as I
> don’t know all the subtleties about package renaming and only have [1] to go on.
> However, IMO, given that you only have two reverse dependencies (namely
> src:shadowsocks-libev and src:libcorkipset), I would just do a transition and
> avoid picking up the cruft (and potential confusion), but I don’t have much
> experience of these things.

Accepted your suggestion, and now I finished the transition [1]
It's not so difficult as expected. :-)

After the transition, I applied your patch and made an experimental release [2].
Problem seems solved by confirming the buildd status [3]
sparc64 can be built normally now, and other ARCHs aren't affected
(yet, because some are waiting to start the build).

Problem seems solved, so thank you so much for your help!

[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-libcork.html
[2] https://github.com/rogers0/libcork/commit/54357a
[3] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libcork&arch=sparc64

Cheers,